Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee replacement
jimi_j posted:
Aug will be 3 years since my knee replacement - and I HATE my knee!
1 month after the surgery, I had to have scar bands broke up - then in March after my surgery (7 Months) I had to have a scope done on the same knee to have a fluid pocket removed. I still do the PT exercises, I ride the bike, do treadmill but I can not do stairs. I have pain every day on the top of my knee - and if anything even touches my knee i cringe in pain. I can not sit with my leg at a down angle for very long. I fall all the time. I have been to the ER 4 times for severe falls. I just fell yesterday while standing still in the shower. I HATE my knee. I have more pain with the replacement than I did with my old knee - and I never fell before.

BRussell75 responded:
I am having the same kind of issues with a partial replacement... I don't know what to do. I am so sorry that you are suffering as well. I know how awful it is.

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center