Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stiffness in knees after surgery needs what kind of exercise?
misschoochoo posted:
I've done really well with total knee replacements in one knee last July of 2012, and the other knee in January of 2013. Therapy was successful -- I had a lot of flexibility and strength in both knees. Now that I'm on my own, and not going to weekly therapy sessions, I've noticed that both knees are stiffer than usual, and are more swollen. What am I doing wrong? Both knees are strong, and I can walk up and downstairs, and do all my daily chores. Is it just that I'm not doing as many exercises as before? I'm not riding a stationary bicycle anymore either. I only did that in outpatient therapy. Could that be the missing ingredient to my exercise routine? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

An_251208 responded:
I have a LOT of stiffness in my knees and I'm 74 and never did any knee surgeries....I bend them a lot and use topicals and use a knee support on the right knee. I just can't fathom a knee surgery FOR ME...hip replacement did me in.

Inflammation could be a major issue for you....Turmeric is a good anti inflammatory, do your research, it can irritate stomach for some, it does for me. I take it occasionally. I take a new anti inflammatory for going on 3 months now and it helps with a lot of other "burning" issues in my body and it's called Anatabloc...check it out. It's a supp so no prescription is needed....I really believe inflammation is major before and after these surgeries....

Icing the knees are important too I believe...

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center