Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
knee replacement at 17, two years in april and still struggling why?
sammjpl posted:
on the sixth of april it will be two years since i had my knee replacement... i was 17 when i had it due to a tuma in my knee. two years on and i have had two manlipteations one to straighten my knee and the other one just a week ago to bend it.
My leg is stuck i am limited with the bend which is a problem when it comes to stairs i STILL have not got my muscle in my quads back.
my surgery was amazing and i was fitted with a different knee replacement because of my age, due to some organisational skills from the hospitali did not get physio for two weeks after my op and when i did i was getting just half a hour a week which was ridicolous i had excercises to do at home but its hard to them when your brain tells you "dont do that, that will hurt" i know myself that i should have tried harder with physio at home but im just confused as to why my knee is so stiff, wont bend or straighten properly, even if you try to push it, it will not move it is stuck, are there any options that can help loosen it? i have being attending a gym ever since trying to gain muslce but i have hardly gained any which i also do not understand? i had alot of muscle there before because i use to be a dancer, i just dont understand how ive lost so much muscle and cant get it back?

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center