Skip to content
total knee replacement
dogwatcher1 posted:
I had surgery on mar 5th 2013. I'm almost 62, in good health and have been active most of my life despite being heavy. Had needed the surgery for many years but waited as long as possible so as not to replace it down the road. I spent 3 miserable days in hospital and then went to HealthSouth rehab for 7 days and recovered my confidence that I could do this.
I knew PT would be difficult and painful but did well in rehab. When I came home I arranged for home health PT. I did 2 sessions with therapist but she made me scream and beg her to stop both times. I was depressed and felt very weak and out of control of my own body. It was the flexion...she was doing the ankle slide but didn't do it slowly and in increments, just shoved my foot towards my body and I nearly came out of my skin. I put it out there on Facebook and so many told me this was not right and to go with a different therapist which I have. I'll see how it goes today when he is scheduled to come. I am trying to do a lot on my own. Right now I'm feeling a little pessimistic because it is coming back so slowly. It's been 3 weeks. I feel like my recovery is a full time job. I have a CPM machine as well as doing ROM and strengthening exercises. I guess I wanted to come on here to compare with others. I am full committed to getting as much of my knee back that I can. 100% would be great. Would love to hear from others with any tips of advice. Thank you!

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center