Skip to content
Knee Pain and Burning
soupfamily72 posted:
My mother had total knee replacement (left knee) 16 years ago. She was 77 at the time. She is now experiencing pain and burning in her left knee and leg. She does not want to have more surgery now that's she's 92. Is there anything that can be done to alleviate the pain and burning?

dogwatcher1 responded:
This is a question for her doctor.

jamin2013 replied to dogwatcher1's response:
I wouldn't want more surgery either, for sure...and I'm not a doc. But that burning to me is inflammation...can she take some inflammatories like Turmeric, do a search, it does help inflammation, but can also irritate the stomach. I try turmeric from time to time, but have to watch as I had a stomach ulcer from a pharma anti inflammatory and left with a weakness in my stomach.

Boswellia and Cats Claw and other supps are helpful with inflammation.

I take anatabloc now close to 3 months for all the inflammation from my hip replacement 2.5 yrs ago, yes, I've been left with a mess, but no groin pain...ahhh, traded pains..

I've gotten rid of a lot of burning especially spinal stenosis but I'm still a battered mess from my hip replacement...no guarantees FOR SURE.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center