Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain 6 wks after knee replacement
An_251323 posted:
I am 6 wks out of partial knee replacement and experiencing serious low back pain especially at night. The pain goes down back of both legs to ankles & sole of feet. Not sleeping much - I can't get comfortable on a recliner, bed, sofa, antigravity portable recliner... don't know what to do. Have cut down to Tylenol during the day, take oxycontin before bed, and tried neurontin before bed for nerve pain, but off the oxycodone. I know my leg lengths are off now, and have used an insert in my sneaker to compensate.
Anyone have suggestions? Thank you!

raskal responded:
If you had a femoral nerve block when put to sleep - I had same with same with same problems- now I do not know what to do either. Personally I think mine is do to the Femoral nerve block. My family Doc. started me on lyrica and it seems to help.

nitesky replied to raskal's response:
Thank you. I don't think I had a femoral nerve block. PT says once the knee takes on more normal activity then challenge to the back, ankles etc will be less and it should resolve. But really? This gnawing, burning pain is brutal!

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center