Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee replacement aftermath
Hansm14 posted:
I had a total knee replacement a little over 3 years now.I had bone on bone ,no cartlige left. I find if still difficult to go uphill,like hiking ,and to get down and off the floor without grabbing hold of something. I get stiff also if I sit to long,like riding in a car. Are other people my age,63,having the same problems? Oh I wish I could do the things I used to do. I am happy the way it turned out. Not complaining. Just an observation.

_swank_ responded:
I think most average 63 year olds have trouble doing those thing with or without a knee replacement. Everyone gets stiff and less able to do things. I don't know many people that age that can get down on the floor without hanging on to something. So what? It's all part of the aging process.

Hansm14 replied to _swank_'s response:
Well I know many people who can go uphill pain free.I also have the knee swell up sometimes still too.Many people I know,say their problem is going downhill,like stairs. Mine is just the opposite. I still am happy I did it,because otherwise I would'nt have been able to walk. Only 1 knee done. I know I'm getting old too! Ha!

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center