Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bilateral Knee Replacement
An_251435 posted:
8 weeks ago I had bilateral knee replacement. Knees and ankles swell after I do anything more than 30 minutes. Is this normal, and also, when should I expect to return to a job that requires you to stand 12 hours? I am still on pain medication. It is still aching especially behind the knee, sides of knee, and ankles after I try to stand for a period of time.

Jake3 responded:
I also had bil. Knees done in December started back to work this month and also have swelling in feet and ankles. My job is sedentary when I come home I have to put ice on and elevate them, that helps me. Also on both sides of my knees it is numb and everyone I speak to says its normal and will get less as time goes on.

Nashi123 responded:
I used to have swelling and pain in my knees for athritis and I went through a treatment of stem cell therapy from Dr, Purita. It was a treatment where concentrated bone marrow of my own was re-injected to my knee. It was actually a treament process and it really worked. Now my swells are gone and the pain is gone aswell. Hope this helped.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center