Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
knee replacement
bianchifam posted:
I had a TKR on 4-8-2013 only 5 weeks ago. first bad effect, allergic to the morphin, treated with intravenous benadryl to stop the itch. wast not able to stand up due to the benadryl. I chose a leg nerve block and that felt out of my thigh the first day. from day one my leg felt like it was on fire. like a severe sunburn. told the doctor and of course percocet is the only suggestion. 3 weeks in and 105 percocet later, my leg is still on fire. I go to pt 3 times a week. I do tons of therapy. my knee feels great, it works it bends to 104 degree, I do the bike . I can walk without a cane now . I suffer all day with the burn, but at night it takes a life of itself. I haven't sleeped in 40 days. I cry until I give myself a headache. I know I have great tolerance to pain. my PT agrees, she no longer knows what to offer for the burn. the first suggestion was to rub a prickly washcloth over the skin to try to desinsityze the skin. then it was that the muscles were angry.
forget the doctor 3 weeks in she was angry I called to complain. she actually called my pt to ask if I was a cry baby. I now wrap 2 -6" ace bandages around my leg every night to keep anything from touching the skin. the burn is only on the left side of the leg, from the ankle to the middle of my thigh. one night my foot got so hot it actually blister and peeled. of course no one knows why.
I am ready for the pain clinic or to have my head examine.
anyone with suggestions, I am willing to try anything.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center