Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good Results with 2 Total Knee Replacments in the same year
An_251615 posted:
I had 2 knee replacements in 2007. I had one in January and the other in July. With both I was back to work on the 7th week. I very good success with both due to great PT. You have to do the work in order to get good results. I would elevate & ice when I was done and walked everyday or rode my bike. It was the best year of my life - finally no more pain after the replacements. I did cortisone, patches, ice therapy and whatever else work to give me some relief for over 5 years before my doctor would do the surgery. Now, after 6 years I'm going strong still working. I'm 64 and work in a college library - so I'm moving all the time helping students, retrieving books, shelving books, etc. I walk and ride my bike regularly. It is the best thing I ever did for myself. Hang in there - you are having a rough patch. Good Luck!

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center