Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Bone Bruise?
RCook2324 posted:
About 2 months ago I bang knees with another player while playing basketball and it is still hurting. There is a bump on my knee cap were it was hit and it is hard to run on. I've done some research and I am thinking it is a bone bruise. My senior year in high school is coming up and I'm really trying to get back on the court as soon as possible so I can prepare for the season. Does any one know how I can treat this?
_swank_ responded:
You should take it to an orthopedic doctor and let him tell you how to treat it. Treatment totally depends on a diagnosis. Self-diagnosis via the internet is generally a bad idea. Knees are very complicated and if you don't take care of them you could be in for a world of hurt.
RCook2324 replied to _swank_'s response:
I went to the doctor and had an X-ray done and he found nothing wrong. And the pain is still here. I dont know what to do.
_swank_ replied to RCook2324's response:
Was your doctor an orthopedic surgeon? If not, then go to one of those. If he was then tell him you're still in pain or go to another one. X-rays only see bones, they do not see soft tissue and that's where most of the damage happens in a knee. For that you need an MRI.

Helpful Tips

You must do the exercises when having TKR. It alleviates stiffness and that hardening feeling. Also, see if you PT will do massage of knee, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center