Bone Bruise?
RCook2324 posted:
About 2 months ago I bang knees with another player while playing basketball and it is still hurting. There is a bump on my knee cap were it was hit and it is hard to run on. I've done some research and I am thinking it is a bone bruise. My senior year in high school is coming up and I'm really trying to get back on the court as soon as possible so I can prepare for the season. Does any one know how I can treat this?
_swank_ responded:
You should take it to an orthopedic doctor and let him tell you how to treat it. Treatment totally depends on a diagnosis. Self-diagnosis via the internet is generally a bad idea. Knees are very complicated and if you don't take care of them you could be in for a world of hurt.
RCook2324 replied to _swank_'s response:
I went to the doctor and had an X-ray done and he found nothing wrong. And the pain is still here. I dont know what to do.
_swank_ replied to RCook2324's response:
Was your doctor an orthopedic surgeon? If not, then go to one of those. If he was then tell him you're still in pain or go to another one. X-rays only see bones, they do not see soft tissue and that's where most of the damage happens in a knee. For that you need an MRI.