Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
TKR and bursitis?
betablocker1 posted:
I had TKR 1 1/4 years ago and was doing fine- until recently when I needed to have a skin biopsy done- I went golfing on a very hilly course the next week- the day after my golf game, I started to have a lot of pain in my knee- no swelling, no discoloration or fever. At first I was nervous that it was an infection from the biopsy- so I went back to my Ortho Doc- he said I had bursitis- and gave me a coritsone shot- it hasn't helped at all- now 4 weeks later I am out of my doc's state and in quite a lot of pain- It is helped by Advil, but if I take a lot it's hard on my stomach. I called my doc's nurse and she said there was nothing they could prescribe long distance - like for a posible infection- and I should use ice and a cane and take Advil. Does the doc agree or should I see a local orthpedic doc and follow up on this?

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center