Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    TKR and bursitis?
    betablocker1 posted:
    I had TKR 1 1/4 years ago and was doing fine- until recently when I needed to have a skin biopsy done- I went golfing on a very hilly course the next week- the day after my golf game, I started to have a lot of pain in my knee- no swelling, no discoloration or fever. At first I was nervous that it was an infection from the biopsy- so I went back to my Ortho Doc- he said I had bursitis- and gave me a coritsone shot- it hasn't helped at all- now 4 weeks later I am out of my doc's state and in quite a lot of pain- It is helped by Advil, but if I take a lot it's hard on my stomach. I called my doc's nurse and she said there was nothing they could prescribe long distance - like for a posible infection- and I should use ice and a cane and take Advil. Does the doc agree or should I see a local orthpedic doc and follow up on this?

    Helpful Tips

    Tips on options for hip replacementsExpert
    In today's competitive markets, many companies and surgeons are advocating and pushing their own prosthesis, when it comes to hip ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 42 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center