Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

2nd TKR.....a pair of Aces...
dibbits0530 posted:
It is true that we do not remember pain. A TKR was performed on my left knee 3 years ago. I do not remember the pain or types of pain experienced from the previous surgery, only that I was a miserable patient at home. This time I was alone with no one to help me around so I cooked, cleaned; kept myself up.

What separates this surgery from the last is that I have right sided radicular syndrome (same side as current replacement). This syndrome is a complex result from a birthing. High forceps breech in 1955 was a best a risk. My head was near the sternum and my feet at my chin. I was tilted to the right and lodged in place. The complication (as if this was not enough) was the umbilical cord was wrapped 3 times around my neck, chin and chest. C-section was not an option as it was considered a higher risk than the breech.

So with the right side being as such, does the replacement seek to correct a right side from head to toe from a life-long (I am 58) displacement from 2 bends in the back, an out-turned leg and foot? It might also be noted that right-side development versus left-side development is notable, right-side being under formed. There have been a variety of changes to my right side since the surgery (July 8, 2013). All of this results in a variety of sensations and types and levels of pains that make daily life difficult especially sleep. 3 hours at any given time is about all my body can stand without all of this waking me.

How does this (if at all) come together within the healing process?

Helpful Tips

You must do the exercises when having TKR. It alleviates stiffness and that hardening feeling. Also, see if you PT will do massage of knee, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center