Skip to content
Knee Pain post Hip Surgery
An_253218 posted:
10weeks ago, I had surgery on my hip ( 2rods/10pins), as a result of being struck by a car while riding my bike. While the hip appears to be healing as scheduled, I did wind up getting a blood clot behind my knee. My knee and ankle are 2-3x the normal size, and doesn't appear to be getting any better ( its not getting worse either). All my focus is on my knee, where I get debilitating sharp pain if I try to extend the knee or put any weight ( even the littlest) on it. It is right in the front of the knee.

The pain i have been told is from the swelling, which is causing tendonitis. I'm not so convinced. In my follow up xrays i am going to have them xray the knee.

I never thought the problem i would have from hip surgery is my knee. I will say that they did set my leg a bit openned up, so its not entirely straight.. I have been told that PT will stretch it back into alignment.

Anyone go through something similar?

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center