Skip to content
Wake up from a deep sleep with knee in real bad pain.
Edtheranger posted:
I am a 57 year old male. I had TKR surgery about 2 years ago. My knee will wake me up from a deep sleep, in terrible pain. I have to find ways to move it around or even hang it off the bed to get relief. I can walk good but the bending of the knee is not that good. I still have a lot oof stiffness and tightness in it. Any help would be greatful.

arbob5 responded:
After I had my hips and knee replaced, the most comfortable way to sleep is on my side with a pillow between my legs. This takes the pressure off of the joint. It really works. To this day, I still sleep that way, and it's been 9 years for one THR, 8-1/2 years for my TKR, and a little over a year for my latest THR. My friends tell me I'm a bionic woman! I don't know about that, but I sleep quite comfortably at night. Try it. I'm sure it will work for you. If not, see your Dr.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center