Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    What kind of knee problem could I have?
    jszaradowski posted:
    I work for a local McDonald's. April 2012 had severe knee pain when leg was straightened. Wore brace/iced knee nightly for a week, pain went away. When I Workout, I run a mile on treadmill at 5.0 pace. last night at work felt moderate pain in right knee while doing my job at work. it felt like I could not bear any weight on that knee a little. When I went to workout last night t wore knee brace & iced it all night. Right now there is hardly any pain.

    Should I go get this checked out? Who should I see PCP? Currently no insurance and no PCP, use quick care at my doctor's office so I see different doctors each time I go there.
    _swank_ responded:
    Don't waste time and money on a PCP or quick care. Go to an orthopedic doctor and do it right the first time.

    Helpful Tips

    Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center