Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

unexplained pain 4 years after hip replacement
    debrezeit posted:
    I had a partial hip replacement 4 years ago due to a fracture. A few weeks prior I was out of the country and had fallen. I had pins put in, then returned to the States, had the pins removed and the replacement done. Since that time I have had minor hip pain, had x-rays that showed nothing, so got by with ibuprofen and a cane. Last week I woke up and was unable to move my leg off the bed, once I was able to get up using a cane it was unbearable pain. I went to ER, was admitted under observation and had 5 different test done. Nothing was found, but the pain is like it was right after hip surgery. I am now home, have home therapy, still in a lot of pain and doctors don't know why. I believe it is related to the hip surgery but my doctor keeps saying nothing shows up on the x-ray. I don't know what to do next, just know that the problem is still unresolved.

Helpful Tips

Tips on options for hip replacementsExpert
    In today's competitive markets, many companies and surgeons are advocating and pushing their own prosthesis, when it comes to hip ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center