Skip to content
unexplained pain 4 years after hip replacement
debrezeit posted:
I had a partial hip replacement 4 years ago due to a fracture. A few weeks prior I was out of the country and had fallen. I had pins put in, then returned to the States, had the pins removed and the replacement done. Since that time I have had minor hip pain, had x-rays that showed nothing, so got by with ibuprofen and a cane. Last week I woke up and was unable to move my leg off the bed, once I was able to get up using a cane it was unbearable pain. I went to ER, was admitted under observation and had 5 different test done. Nothing was found, but the pain is like it was right after hip surgery. I am now home, have home therapy, still in a lot of pain and doctors don't know why. I believe it is related to the hip surgery but my doctor keeps saying nothing shows up on the x-ray. I don't know what to do next, just know that the problem is still unresolved.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center