Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Has anyone had both their knees and hips replaced??
    emoritz posted:
    I have had both knees and one hip replaced and will be having my other hip done next month. I was just wondering if anyone else has had all 4 replaced and if you have had any difficulties or problems?? I am 56 and had my 1st knee done about 8 yrs ago, my hip was done 2 yrs ago and my other knee 10 months ago. I'm not looking forward to this but I have no options.

jamin2013 responded:
    Oh goodness, I had one hip done in 2010 and it changed my life in a negative way....but no groin pain.

My knee and ankle have been affected and I HOPE to never do another surgery.....

I have a friend who had 2 hips down at the same time and now his knees are shot, he will do NO surgery again.....

thedee responded:
    Had left hip replaced 2005, 6 weeks later right knee, 1 year later left knee and 2 weeks ago right knee

newport77 replied to thedee's response:
    I had both knees replaced in 2013 my left hip replaced in 2014, and my right hip replaced in 2015. I feel good. Get around much better, no cane or crutches as before surgery. Still have occasional stiffness, and such. But over all feel much better.

Helpful Tips

Tips on options for hip replacementsExpert
    In today's competitive markets, many companies and surgeons are advocating and pushing their own prosthesis, when it comes to hip ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center