Skip to content
Has anyone had both their knees and hips replaced??
emoritz posted:
I have had both knees and one hip replaced and will be having my other hip done next month. I was just wondering if anyone else has had all 4 replaced and if you have had any difficulties or problems?? I am 56 and had my 1st knee done about 8 yrs ago, my hip was done 2 yrs ago and my other knee 10 months ago. I'm not looking forward to this but I have no options.

jamin2013 responded:
Oh goodness, I had one hip done in 2010 and it changed my life in a negative way....but no groin pain.

My knee and ankle have been affected and I HOPE to never do another surgery.....

I have a friend who had 2 hips down at the same time and now his knees are shot, he will do NO surgery again.....

thedee responded:
Had left hip replaced 2005, 6 weeks later right knee, 1 year later left knee and 2 weeks ago right knee

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center