Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

First week
digisignman posted:
Underwent total hip replacement surgery anterior approach on Monday Nov 25th at nyu Langone. Surgery went well, longer then expected due to my hip being in such miserable shape, bone spurs, arthritis, and moving out of place near dislocation. Regardless, Surgeon said everything turned out perfectly. PT at hospital progressed well, they had me up right away even in the OR recovery room. Discharge was complicated with my BP being low but remedied by a unit of blood back into me. Pre op I had put two units in the blood bank so got my own blood back. Discharged in two days , Wednesday Nov 27. Home now and feel good about my progress. Doing exercises and walking with aids. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
jamin2013 responded:
I had anterior Hip replacement Oct 2010, all went quite well and into 5th month have gone down down down.....knee and ankle affected, IT band damage on side of hip replacement.....but no groin pain.

I have a LOT of OA thru my body and this trauma exacerbated I deal with Fibro pain issues....would I do it again, don't know.
treeworker responded:
I too have to get my hip(s) replaced. Now that's it's been a are you feeling? Also, should I bank some blood up? That was never mentioned to me. I am looking into going in sometime in late January, no date set yet until 1st of year. Hope all is still going well for you. Take it slow...Lol.
digisignman replied to treeworker's response:
Thanks for the good wishes. This coming Monday will be 6 weeks since the surgery and I am doing great, very pleased with the results. I graduated from a walker to a cane in 2 weeks and now since week 4 without a cane. Had pain meds to manage pain and have been weaning myself off them over the last four days. Re your question on banking blood. I banked 2 units and needed to use 1 right after surgery, so glad I had my own to take in. I also took iron supplements pre surgery during the time I was giving blood. Also keep in mind an anterior vs. Posterior approach. I had anterior and recovery has gone very well for me. Good luck with your surgery.

Helpful Tips

You must do the exercises when having TKR. It alleviates stiffness and that hardening feeling. Also, see if you PT will do massage of knee, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center