Skip to content
Two year old TKR
moodyclown posted:
Leg swollen from above knee to ankle. Lots of stiffness. Lots of pain. The arthritic pain is gone but in its place is a very tender to the touch or a bump pain that can bring tears to the eyes. I have done PT sessions 3 times in 2 years. One shot of cortisone that did nothing. My OS just stares uninterested and makes no remarks of what might be wrong. X-rays look good according to him.

Naturally, I am frustrated. Are there others who are experiencing this?

jamin2013 responded:
All I can say, it's a lot of nerve/muscle etc damage from the trauma surgery....LOTS of inflammation.

I'm a mess 3yrs from hip replacement surgery.....knee and ankle have been majorally affected, back is bad from age 18 and I'm 75....no more surgery for this gal.

jamin2013 replied to jamin2013's response:
PS: Many foods we consume are very inflammatory and I would look at that first and go from there....cut out sugars for starters and carbs mostly.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center