Skip to content
TKR March 2013 at age of 39
aim02062 posted:
I had a TKR March 2013 at 39. Prior to this I have had 10 surgeries on my same knee. Have had ton of issues with my knee since high school. After my TKR I had a hard time getting pain under control since I wouldn't really take the pain meds. They found a good pain med for me to take 2 weeks out...I was doing PT with not much pain med. Anywho, it's almost been a year and I am still at 95 degree bend. I had follow up with my doc last week. My implant is in there just fine. For the last couple of months I have had a sore spot on my knee that I mentioned to my doc. They said it was soft tissue. Kind of randomly just happened. If I didn't have that sore spot I could walk around better. Before I had the TKR I was active, sore but active. I decided to have it done because it would crack and grind and give out a lot. Happened quite a bit. This basically was my only option, to have a TKR. My doc is still optimistic that I can get more bend on my own. He did say scar tissue could be forming around the implant and I can have it scoped to remove it. Just nervous that scar tissue would grow back again. I'm not going that route...going to re-evaluate my knee come summer. My sister is a PT so she stays on me about my exercises. I am having a tough time recovering since I have had so many knee surgeries. Knee still feels numb and little swollen. After I sit for a period of time I need to massage my knee to get it going, mainly due to this sore spot they call soft tissue. Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation as me. Almost 1 year out and with a 95 degree bend. I had more of a bend before my surgery. Still can't go down stairs. I can swim and ride a stationary bike and do my leg exercises. So, just wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any suggestions, giving my situation. I need to remain positive that I will walk better and get around better. I have two 6 year olds and want to be able to ride a bike around the block with them. As of now, I can only do stationary since I have 95 degree bend. Staying positive though...

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center