Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Seeking patients who have undergone elective hip or knee replacement
cms_hip_knee_payment posted:
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with Yale-New Haven Health Services Corporation/Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (YNHHSC/CORE) to develop an administrative claims-based, hospital-level, risk-adjusted measure for payment associated with an episode of care for elective primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) and/or total knee arthroplasty (TKA).

YNHHSC/CORE is seeking patients who have undergone elective primary THA and/or TKA to join its Technical Expert Panel (TEP). Patients will be able to share their experiences and give their opinions about the care they received to inform the development of quality measures. YNHHSC/CORE will hold 2-3 two hour teleconference meetings from March 2014 to September 2014.

If you would be willing to participate, please visit https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/TechnicalExpertPanels.html and download the "Develop an administrative claims-based, hospital-level, risk-adjusted measure for payment associated with an episode of care for elective primary THA and/or TKA" documents at the bottom of the page. Please complete the Nomination Form and submit it along with a list of experience and a statement of interest no later than 5:00pm ET February 14, 2014. For the nomination to be complete, a signature (electronic or handwritten) is required on the Nomination Form.

If you are not able to join, but know of a patient who may be interested, please send this information to that individual. Please note that if potential patient participants wish to keep their names confidential, we will grant the request.

The form may be submitted in hard copy (to Steven Spivack at the CORE address below), faxed (203-764-5653), or emailed (costmeasure@yale.edu ). Once the nomination process is complete, YNHHSC/CORE will choose 8-15 members for the TEP including 1-3 patients.

Please contact Steven Spivack (costmeasure@yale.edu or 203-764-5700) should you have any questions.

Mailing address:
Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation/Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (YNHHSC/CORE)
1 Church Street, Suite 200
New Haven, CT 06510

Helpful Tips

TKR surgery and recovery
I had one knee done in March 2007, the other done in February 2009. I am 67 years old. I will tell you that I researched doctors before I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center