Skip to content
Just got home on Fri. 02/21/14 from BTKR.
peadnut2u posted:
Finally, after over 10+ years of complete agony, I got the operation DONE! No knee pain from arthritis at all - only the surgical end which will hopefully go away with healing. I'm so sorry for all of the problems so many of you have suffered even after the surgery.

My surgery went well and I am so thankful for that and my terrific surgeon. He also did my back in Aug. 13 and it went great, as well.

I had a great deal of bone spurs, no cartilage (bone on bone pain) and I couldn't go anywhere. I was on pain meds for years and hated that, maybe I can start weeding some of those things out!

I pray that all of you get the help that you need and soon!!

Linda

atti_editor responded:
Hi Linda,

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations on your successful surgery! I am so glad that you are no longer in pain. I hope you have a speedy recovery

Best wishes,
Atti

peadnut2u replied to atti_editor's response:
Hi Atti and thanks for the good wishes! 10 days post op and working on the exercises to get my range of motion back. Right now at 107 on L and 110 on R. I know I can do better on L though, because I got to 110 the day before yesterday. My post op appointment is Tues 3/4 and I'm not looking forward to it as they're taking staples out - OUCH!!!

I am starting with a cane today so I'm excited about that but cautious too!! My physical therapist said she doesn't see outpatient therapy for me but YES on the pool!! Which is great because I ike working out at the pool!!! Cant' wait to keep working AND walking!!

Thanks again,

Linda

jamin2013 replied to peadnut2u's response:
Good continued success...hope you will be a fortunate one....I was NOT so fortunate with a hip replacement 3 yrs ago.....

You would be smart to consider the great lakes collagen I've posted about here..and of course, NO ONE comments.....to keep joint areas filled with collagen and it's said at about age 40 our collagen starts to deplete......

Hence, the docs can talk about the bone on bone stuff......I have a problem knee but doing all I can to do no more surgery and replacements.......

Sticking with the collagen protocol.

peadnut2u replied to jamin2013's response:
Hi jamin2013
Sorry to hear about the result of your hip replacement. I'll have to look into the collagen therapy that you're talking about. Too late for my knees but thankfully they're working out so far.

I'm 61 so I don't know if collagen would help me at this point anyway. I'll certainly check into it.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Linda

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center