Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I had total hip replacement surgery 20 days ago and the soles of my feet are always hot
dbrothers1116 posted:
I had total hip replacement surgery 20 days ago. And the soles of my feet are always hot. Is there any reason to be concerned

Take the Poll

I had total hip replacement surgery 20 days ago and the soles of my feet are always hot is there any reason to be concerned
  • Any advice
  • Any information
vote
View Poll Results

dolphan responded:
I had mine done sept 30th and the first night I was home, I had burning in my feet, apparently is normal, cause when I called dr hey didn't seem concerned

dbrothers1116 responded:
Also my hip replacement surgery was a month ago today and I'm still very swollen is that normal.

atti_editor replied to dbrothers1116's response:
Hi dbrothers1116,

This article that I found says that swelling after hip replacement can last anywhere from a several weeks to months depending on factors such as circulation, body weight and other variables.

Best wishes,
Atti

dbrothers1116 responded:
How often do people get problems , where they need a surgery in their other hip

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center