Skip to content
NOT HAPPY!!
peadnut2u posted:
Snapped patella Well, I was doing GREAT until last Thursday....My bilateral TKR was 2/17/14 and it went great!! No walker, no... Posted by peadnut2u Well, I was doing GREAT until last Thursday....My bilateral TKR was 2/17/14 and it went great!! No walker, no cane, walking better than before surgery and NO ARTHRITIC PAIN!!. Then Thursday happened... I got in our truck as usual and as I was pulling myself in (not twisting my knee at all) I felt a pop and it hurt, I though t pulled a muscle!!! NOOO...My patella snapped in two pieces. No wonder my knee hurt whenever I tried to walk.. Went to my surgeon's office today and he asked me what I bumped it on or if I was in a car accident. I told him "no". He took an x-ray and went uh oh!! Said I needed to use my brace and he set me up for Monday to go in and wire it together. He told me recovery would be a little tougher and another 6 weeks with 5 weeks outpatient therapy. I have been sobbing since last Thursday before I knew what it was and I have been very upset since I found out what it was earlier today!! I WAS DOING SO WELL!!! Man, this has really brought me down....

atti_editor responded:
Hi peadnut2u,

I am sorry that this happened to you and that you are experiencing such a setback after doing so well! How did everything go yesterday? I hope that are able to recover just as well as last time, and that you are up and walking without a walker in no time. If you need any support we are here!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center