Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Experience
An_256646 posted:
Knee Replacement in '09 followed with unsucessful Rehab, nerve damage knee area and down shin to ankle, nerve surgery by plastic surgeon in '10 (suppose to help with pain management) where they cut your nerves and stuff inside muscle which was not much help. Knee revision in '11 by top notch surgeon. No success after many PT's including water therapy. Never been able to bend my leg (diagnosed as stiff knee (fibrosis). I have even gone to Rothman Institute (waste of time...doc only gave me 5 minutes of time and advised that nothing more could be done and suggested I consider amputation to control the pain. I do not have an infection but was told by my surgeon that my knee was "very angry" and tired of being messed with and that this was going to be a way of life. (I've been on oxycodone 5x5mil and a variety of other meds over the years.) I am now still on oxycodone and my pain management doc has me on a fairly new drug NuCynta 2x150 mil which helps somewhat with the nerve pain. I also use pain patches periodically (Lidoderm). My walking is limited (walk like a stroke patient) as I can't bend my leg at all.

Now, following a recommendation from a cousin I am going to Washington DC from Delaware to see my 4th surgeon as my last hope. This guy has been "highly" recommended so I'm going to try one last time.....I pray!

After reading this blog and many more it sounds like there are a lot of us in the same boat. This past winter was hell for me pain wise despite the meds. It['s ashamed we have to spend so much of lives sleeping.
Will write again after my appointment in June. I think it's very important to get with a "good" pain management doctor.

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Just wanted to wish you luck with your appointment. I hope that this surgeon has some answers and promising news for you. Please keep us posted!

-Atti

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center