Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Replacement Knee Rejection?
toomanyinfections posted:
In September, 2012 I had a total knee replacement. From the beginning I experienced a lot of pain and never felt like it fit right. In January 2014 my surgeon scoped it, thinking that maybe scar tissue was the issue but instead he found an infection. In March 2014 and a different doctor I underwent surgery to remove the infected knee and had a metal rod inserted from my ankle to mid thigh. Lots of medication for 6 weeks and at week 8, April 2014, after many many test for additional infections I received a new knee. Within one week I developed not one but two separate infections, one bacterial and one yeast. Right now I'm on mega doses of meds and my stomach is sick all the time. My doctors are trying to keep me out of the hospital so the previous surgeries do not happen again. I am heartsick and losing hope that I will ever be able to be rid of these infections. Any ideas? Anyone?

Helpful Tips

duct leakage test
This could be everybody's great solution for carrying ladders inside house and risking own life from falling, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center