Skip to content
Complications after tkr
bellabubby posted:
I'm 63 and due to being overweight and years of attempting to lose weight sometimes with weight bearing exercises I ground my tibia down by 3/4 inch and was recommended a total knee replacement. The pain while walking was terrible before, and seems to be much lessened after, but 6 weeks out I still don't feel well. My leg is warm and red (no evidence of infection per primary and ortho MD) and I am always nauseated. I feel so much worse after PT systemically that I delay my visits because I can't face the feeling the next day. I'm at 95 degrees, and from looking at the forum it seems that people who get to 120 very often start losing that gain later on in the healing process. I feel that acupuncture could help but had one treatment and felt worse the next day - like it was too aggressive a treatment too soon. It helps reading that complications or just feeling bad is pretty common. Will continue to follow the forum.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center