Skip to content
fusion on big toe the mtp joint
mnjimmy posted:
keyscritter:

You will know your toe joint replacement failed when you are in as much or more pain than you were before the surgery. Also an indicator is that the ROM, range of motion, is not nearly what the doctor promised. It seems to me that podiatrists are much more willing to recommend a joint implant, either partial or full joint than an OS. The last podiatrist had kind of a cavalier attitude saying, 'well if the joint replacement fails, we can just fuse it.'

RED FLAG... I don't want to go through more than one procedure while a podiatrist uses my toe, my time, my money, and my pain for his training grounds! Every time you are operated on more bone is removed and more trauma is caused to the joint...thus making future surgeries more complicated. I.e. bone grafts required, longer healing time, greater chance of nonunion of the bone graft. infections, etc.

I'm one week post-op toe fusion surgery, I should have had this done first and not let my toe get butchered by experimental treatment of unproven joint replacements.

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center