Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Using a CPM after TKR and manipulation surgery
jacyl posted:
I have a lot of friends that have had a TKR and their doctors put them on a CPM machine right after their surgery was done so the machine could start to move their knee. All of them said it was the best thing that the doctor could have done for them. It hurt at first, but now they have great ROM on their knees. Well, when I had surgery in April 2012 (TKR right knee) my doctor did not put me on the CPM machine and I really wish he had!!!! I am still having so much pain in my right knee and I am considering having the manipulation surgery done. Has anyone had this done and your doctor put you on the CPM machine right after surgery to get your knee moving right away? Also, did the surgery require a hospital stay afterwards? What was the recovery time afterwards? If anyone could help me out with answers and or suggestions I would love to hear them! ~ Thank You

Helpful Tips

What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
Was this Helpful?
27 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center