Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
massive pain in my partiL knee replacement
duffykev36 posted:
I had a partial knee replacement on December 19 , 2013 . I always seem to have had pain with it , and have to go in about every month to have it drained . Every time I go in , the Dr takes XRays and tells me everything looks great but it doesn't feel it . I have the usual popping and grinding but tonight as I was getting up for bed , my leg locked . Then as I moved it around so I could straighten it it made a horrible grinding sound and popped three times . This also brought on a very sharp pain right where they did the surgery. If I sit I am fine but when I get up it grinds bad pops loud and is painful. And now that I am laying down I have to have pillows under because when it lays straight there is too much pain. Hope I can see a doctor tomorrow. Just missed two months of work , can't miss anymore Uggh !!

duffykev36 responded:
Update : went to the surgeon and they took XRays . Turns out that the plastic disc that was put in , had popped out of my knee and was just floating in there. It was too small of a disc . I've always noticed my leg felt a little sloppy and my knee would move sideways in and out . also most of the pain all along was in the area it popped out at . Well just went yesterday and had it done . The doctor said they went up two sizes . Can't test it yet because the nerve blocker is still in effect . But all along the doctor said everything was good and it was working properly even though I still had a lot of pain and had to have my knee drained every month . I will let you know how it progresses.

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center