Skip to content
Calcium build up behind knee
DanielBlas posted:
I dont know if this is the right part to place this, But i am 18 years old and me and my friend were horsing around and i hit the ground hard and after that i had alot of pain in my knee. I went to the doctors and they said that my knee cap was out of place and i had a calcium build up. I never offered to ask about the calcuim build up because i never thought it would be an issue but now i have a shooting pain everytime i try to run my fastest will the build up go away? or will i have to have surgery and get it taken out. :confused:

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, You haven't mentioned if you've seen an orthopedic surgeon for a consultation about your knee injury, but if you haven't that would be a good place to start to find out what your knee looks like and what if any surgery you may need. Read more about knee injuries by using the WebMD search engine. - Annie

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center