Skip to content
rash and pain after a knee revision
ladydy1180 posted:
Help anyone, I have had multiple knee surgeries, the latest is a revision of a total knee done just 14 months ago. With the revision he had to put in a larger spacer between the femoral and fibula/tibular joints. Since the surgery, like two days after coming home, I had a bout with cellutitus in that knee, fun trip to the ER. After one week on the antibiotics it looked like it might have done the trick, until 3 days after the end of the antibiotic. Lo and behold another infection was brewing so this time 10 days on the antibiotic. I just finished that round yesterday and the knee will not stop burning and hurting if I'm on it for more than 20 minutes. On top of that I have the weirdest looking rash, red blotchy, looking knee, right over the new component. Please if anyone has any suggestions or have had this before contact me so I might have a clue on what to do. I see the doc in one week

Geradine4733 responded:
Sorry about your multiple knee surgeries. Pain is normal. The rash is not. Get to the doctor right away. Tell the receptionist that it is an emergency.

nina456 responded:
ladydy1180, I had a knee replacement also and had a rash on my knee. The dr tried several things including antibiotics and none of that worked. Finally he gave me a script for hydrocotisone creme and that took care of that. Hope this is some help to you. nina

Helpful Tips

Uploading knee brace for OA Knee
Can anybody help me by giving his experience/opinion about the utility of offloader Knee Braces for Bilateral Medial Compartment ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center