Skip to content
Redo loosening partial knee replacement
chapshouse posted:
Had left knee partial replacement 5 yrs ago. It was never right from beginning. Had right knee done 6 months later with good results. While under anesthesia, MD manipulated left knee. It has never stopped hurting but the pain is bearable. Ruptured Bakers cyst in same knee 2 yrs ago and it has been swollen ( approx 1-2" larger than my right calf). Had bone scan that showed both knee repl loosening, left worse than right. Saw my surgeon who only stated that it showed bright spot on left that could indicate "infection" or loosening. He wants to redo with another partial replacement. I am putting it off as long as I can. Has anyone else had this problem and is it common. What do you think went wrong? Could I have had infection all this time?? Thanks.

bowtiemike responded:
chaohouse,
Same problem but iam going on my 5th replacemnt in 4 years. I need some clear answers before i go into surgery again. I need to know exactly why the knees are loosening. If anybody has any info i sure would appreciate. Thanks bowtiemike

chapshouse replied to bowtiemike's response:
Wow, thought mine was bad. My doctor never did come right out and say they were loosening. I got a copy of my bone scan and read it. I don't know that I'd be seeing the same doc and maybe you should write the company that make the replacements and see if they have ever had this happen to anyone yet. Could be your body is rejecting something in the replacement.

bowtiemike replied to bowtiemike's response:

Chaaohouse,
Thankyou for your suggestion. I will call replacement companys and ask if they have ever had this happen before.

Thanks Again,
Bowtie Mike

bowtiemike replied to chapshouse's response:
Chaphouse,

Thasnks for your suggestion, I will call replacement companys and ask if they have ever seen the knees loosening this many times.

Best,
BowtieMIke

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center