Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Knee pain and popping and locking up
An_206553 posted:
I have been haveing problems with my knee in pain and popping and it also has been locking up. I say about 6 years ago i had injuried it and got a bag of fluid under it never got it drained and now i am warried that the arthrides is makeing my joints deteriate....My mom just went in for hip replacement surgery for artrites eating away her joints and I think this may be going on with my knee. If anyone has anything they can help me understand this please replay to my post and let me know...I would be thankful and would be glad to know if anyone has been throught this with there knees....I am a 30 year old mother

Geradine4733 responded:
You really need to go to an Orthopedic Surgeon to find out what is going on with your knee. A Rhumatologist could give you great advice for arthritis or any other itis. I would see the Ortho Surgeon first. Best wishes that you get the help you need.

Hip and knee replacements have a good success track record so your mother should do just fine. Some people only have a knee or hip replaced, and then they do not have any more problems. Maybe your mom will have the good fortune to be one of those.

Helpful Tips

postop pain management
Consult with the anethesiologist relative to a pain management clinic who can help. In some cases, Lidoderm patches can be a big help as ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center