Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
any tradsmen that have had total knee replacement done plumbers,electricans,etc
ronplumber posted:
Would like to here from any tradsmen that have had total knee replacement and how you are doing at work as in climbing ladders and working on ladders carring pipe etc.I am getting T.N.Replacement in a week I have arthritis in both knees and torn miniscus on each side of both knees.had shots,sinvis etc. no help. thanks

ronplumber responded:
Its me ronplumber just wanted to add if there is any one that has had total knee replacement and actively uses ladders and is very active in there work,not a tradesmen I would like to hear from you.thanks

_swank_ responded:
Does your doctor know you're going to be climbing ladders,etc.? You might want to check with him. You won't be able to kneel at all so keep that in mind.

ronplumber replied to _swank_'s response:
I asked him and he said you should not have a problem. The problem is doctors don`t know what you realy go through at work that is why i am trying to talk to people that has had the TNR and is back to work doing close to what i do. thanks for the responce.

Helpful Tips

Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
Was this Helpful?
58 of 73 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center