Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    ChangeNLatitude posted:
    I had a horrific fall and slammed both my knees on my knee that had been totally replace 1 year ago is so painful I can hardly walk. It's Thanksgiving weekend and obviously cannot reach my docotr...does anyone know if they replae the replacement?
    Bluesman575 responded:
    I do know they can replace it, but i was told you would have to hit the knee with a sledge hammer to loosen it, I fell on mine as well, and could hardly walk for a couple of days, but now it's fine, just a deep bruse I guess.
    Bal M Rajagopalan, MD responded:
    Hi ChangeNLatitude,

    I am so sorry for all the bad luck you have had. It is so important to keep in close contact with your doctor for XRAYs and clinical follow up. If you are having that much pain, there is certainly something wrong, could be knee infection to derangement. Please follow up with your orthopedic surgeon, as he knows your knees best.

    - Dr. Raj

    Helpful Tips

    What is hip pain, and what else could it be?Expert
    Frequently hip pain is mistaken for another diagnosis and vice versa. In my practice, I have seen people have hip replacements from various ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 38 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center