Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    2ND POST SHARING SURGERY LINK DR. Dr. Raj, Dr.Bolognesi,
    OJOJ64; posted:
    Dr. Raj, Dr.Bolognesi,
    Would it be ok to post a link where those that are going to have, or have had hip or knee replacement can actually see a video on how it is done? My doctors surgery is available for anyone to view that would like to see how it is done.
    Thanks, Jo-Anna
    _swank_ responded:
    I don't think Dr. Raj makes the rules in WebMD so it's not really his decision. He also doesn't come in that often so it may be a while before he answers you.

    At any rate, there are all kinds of videos out there that show actual surgery. All one has to do is do a Google search. Many doctors post videos of both real surgery and animated surgery.
    Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Ojoj,

    Sorry for the late reply. I had to check with Best Practices to see if posting a link such as yours would be allowable.

    If the material is copyrighted it has to have been published online by your doctor or medical office for general use.

    From our standpoint, if your doctor has made the video available online himself, then you can link to it from your post. Where it becomes sticky is if you've uploaded a copy of your doctor's video without his permission.

    So, please be sure you of these things before posting. Other than that, I think viewing a taped surgery might be something members would like.


    OJOJ64; replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
    Sorry Andie.. meant to thank you for getting back to me in ,my post..I appreciate it, and yes I do have my doctors permission to share the site. In fact, he said that the more people knew about joint replacement the better it is all the way around and in their decision making about having it done. I have gotten so much good information not only from the forums, but from all the things on this site. Jo-Anna

    Helpful Tips

    Pain after Knee ReplacmentExpert
    For most people a knee replacement can predictably eliminate pain and restore function. This is not to say that the operation is not ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    59 of 76 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center