Skip to content
Need 2 New Hips
nettoptim posted:
I have osteoarthritis in both hips. I have heard that with the proper table (a Hanna Table) and with an Anterior procedure, I might be able to get both hips done at the same time. I live in Northern CA, so I was interested in finding a good doctor/hospital. I am exploring UC Davis, UCSF or Stanford. Any suggestions? Also, is there any specific type of hip that I should get that would allow me to be very active? I am 52. Thanks for any help or suggestions...
OJOJ64 responded:
I had the Hana procedure.. my doctor teaches it to other doctors.. I have a call into him right now .. to see if I can get you any referrals to doctors in your area that do the procedure. Will repost to you when I get an answer.. Best wishes, Jo-Anna
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to OJOJ64's response:
That's very nice of you, OJOJ64.

Just be aware that any specific referrals cannot be posted on our boards. We ask that our members share anonymous (non-identifying) emails here if they want to discuss doctors by name.

We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin
OJOJ64 responded:
Hi Nettoptim.. I just heard back from my doctor about who does the Hana proceedure in your area... Zimmer makes the prosthetic.. so go to at the bottom.. FIND A DOCTOR ... I put in a zip code of 94305 and a list of doctors in the Stanford area came up. Good luck. Jo-Anna
nettoptim replied to OJOJ64's response:
Jo-Anna...thanks so much for your help...I'm investigating my options...this was very helpful...take care, Tim
OJOJ64 replied to nettoptim's response:
You are welcome and the best of luck to you!

Helpful Tips

Tips on options for hip replacementsExpert
In today's competitive markets, many companies and surgeons are advocating and pushing their own prosthesis, when it comes to hip ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 42 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center