Skip to content
Inversion tables
UncleRemus posted:
Does anyone know if it is safe for someone with a total hip replacement to use an inversion table for back pain ?

georgia888 responded:
I'm so anxious to learn of an answer to your question. We should probably be checking with our doctors just to be on the safe side.

While we're asking, are the results for a home inversion table as good as that used by a chiropractor during spinal decompression?

Thank you,
georgia

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Georgia, you're right.... this is something that you REALLY need to discuss with your doctor and/or physical therapist. Even if the inversion table is okay, there may be settings you need to be aware of, and length of time you can/should be on it, etc. And only your doctor and/or physical therapist knows your medical history.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

georgia888 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, Caprice. I absolutely will discuss this with my doctor & follow all instructions. Thank you for the concern & input.

georgia

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center