Skip to content
knees swelling and hot
An_243690 posted:
had knee replacement both knees one in nov 2011 and then other dec2011 the left knee still weak in pt out out work since oct 2011 pain not so severe as before still having pain though swelling left knee sometimes it feel like bricks it is hot to touch only at 110 looking for help to getting to 120

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

While you're waiting for responses here, please also consult with your own doctors, particularly about it being hot to the touch.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

cr0137 responded:
I had both knees replaced on Nov 15, 2011.
Both knees are hot to the touch and there is some swelling
and some pain when I walk
I have some concern that there might be some bacteria on the knees because about a month ago, I had a bad skin rash that wouldn't go away. I went to the doctor and got some medicine and was cured.

ydididothis12 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I have a question, if I am at 93 degrees and the doc wants to do a manipulation yet I am not doing this will it make my knee worse or can I just keep working on my own. I have to honestly say I was completely traumitized by this surgery as I did not know ahead of time I would be awake during it. Now, maybe I am just being a baby, I cannot get over the fear of going in for another procedure. The thigns you hear and even smell during this surgery are not something I believe a person should be awake for. By the way I was only at 60 degrees before surgery so this is a great new measure for me and I was going to pt 3 days a week and then I go to the gym and do all of the same exercises in the pool 3 more days a week. Now doc says if I do not do the manipulation I cannot have anymore therapy and I feel as this is a bullying tactic to make me do something I do not want to do.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to ydididothis12's response:
Hi Ydididothis and welcome to WebMD,

I really encourage you to repost your post/questions as a new discussion of its own to get responses from others and our expert. (I am not a health professional myself.)

To do that, hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message (you can ignore the poll part if you want) and Submit.
We never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace. ~Peggy Tabor Millin

Helpful Tips

Knee op comfort
I have. 2. Tkr. And. I wade in The. Pool More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Joint Replacement Center