Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My first impression of the new board format
itsweavebee posted:
I don't like it. Now, I'm not opposed to change and I think trying new things is good, but only if the new thing is a improvement. First, following threads is almost impossible. I just replied to a discussion and now noticed that the entire discussion is gone...poof...no where to be found... There isn't a chat room link. However, there are about a million directions on how to change my FONT (WTH??) Yep, that was a big enough improvement that they had it as a topic...jeez, leave well enough alone people and bring the chat room link back!!

Yvelisse79 responded:
I don't like this new board, its overwhelming to me. I hope they go back to the old one. HATE IT!

Istillbannie responded:
Well this sucks! And this was to be an improvment??? Hell you cant find anything! What I would like to know from webmd is, why do you post all these new and "better" boards....ask us for our imput cause after all you SAY that these boards are for us, but then dont listen to us and do as you want? Just stop asking!!! I never thought I would ever say this, but I am afraid I will not be coming back. After these many years here, they have finally screwed up enough and its time to find a board who DOES care what its members want. Love to all, Annie

p.s. thanks webmd....FOR NOTHING!

jessi19661 responded:
I agree, this sux! They just change it whenever they can no longer fit all the ads they want on a page! The ads are what is important to them....not US!

I am leaving too....

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to jessi19661's response:
I'm sorry each of you are having trouble here, if you click on the link on the left hand side for Discussions would only show all the discussions for you.

If you will notice we have the same amount of ads, this wasn't done to increase our ads for our site, this was done because our old boards were not working and were degrading fast. There are a lot of benefits to these boards, we have latest Lupus news, and lupus drug reviews on your board so you don't have to go anywhere.

You have the ability to post up helpful resources that you have found on lupus for your fellow board members. As well as different tips you would have.

We are also trying to get experts for each area and hoping that would help you as well.

As far as chat rooms, please keep those comments coming we are sending all suggestions up to the higher ups and hopefully they'll hear your desires.

Hang in there,
Emma

Istillbannie replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Now I get it! You want to change everything so that we as memebers DONT go to any other sites to get ANY info..so you cram it all here! Of course that comes down to the all mighty dollar. And no chat rooms?? What good would it do to pass it on to the higher ups? Have they listened so far??? Hell no...thats why pl are leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emma, I know your just earning your paycheck, but you have not a clue. We are very sick pl and clicking here or clicking there is alot of times just to much for us! We have brain fog, sore fingers, and no energy for this crap. We want a simple board...like it was years ago....you know....when there were pl who came here! Surely even you have noticed the decline of members and members leave. hell stevie wonder could see that! And yes, I know this post will be deleted...and frankly my dear, I dont give a damn!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to Istillbannie's response:
Istillbannie,

I do understand, honestly I do. Those things I pointed out were available on our site, it was just harder for you to find, this way it's easier for you to find, and it's less clicking to find. Please keep giving us suggestions on ways to improve, yes they are listening, changes can't be implemented right away but they are listening. Just know the one suggestion that won't go anywhere is to go back to the way the boards were before. They simply were not working and we had many issues that even the members were unaware of but that threatened the stability of the boards.

Hang in there,
Emma

Istillbannie replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Emma, unless you have lupus you dont and cant understand! Easy for you may NOT be so called easy for us. And as for"you" listening to us...what a joke! I know things will never go back they way they were...thats why you have lost so many members!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to Istillbannie's response:
Istillbannie,

No you are right, I don't have lupus I do have severe arthritis (doctor diagnosed) that I take medication for, but that the medication does not help. I did just go through a very rough unexpected but happily accepted pregnancy where I was ill the entire time, and in a great deal of pain due to my arthritis and I do have a newborn I am taking care of while working on the boards (she's 5 weeks old). So I do understand pain, I do understand foggy brains, I do understand not being able to sleep, and I do understand being sick.

I also do understand how frustrating change can be as well. Personally if you gave it a minute and if you just made sure to click into the discussions tab only when you came to the board there is far less clicking on these boards then the ones before. On top of that you don't have to click 2 times to post your post.

All change takes a bit to get use to, I am sorry that you are struggling I will do my best to help you along the way if you are willing. Please keep in mind that we are also hoping to get an expert for this board soon, so there will be a medical doctor to be able to help answer questions too. That was one of the HUGE benefits of this new environment. Offering up a chance for more experts to be on our boards to help our members who are struggling with different health issues.

Please know we appreciate each and every one of our members on the board, and we really are trying to find the best way to offer up a safe and warm environment, and yes I know right now that isn't what you getting but hopefully soon as you settle in you'll come to see that some of the changes are for our members benefits!

Take care,
Emma

renalupie1 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
okay I have to say, the text is not dark enough. my eyes do not do well with "shady" stuff. I need sharp bold colors to read well....

But I am navigating and finding some things. Time will tell. But yah, this is alot different and not as easy to find older posts...

Rena

Patientofmanydiagnosis replied to Istillbannie's response:
I agree with Annie a good deal. I'm also straining my eyes with the color change. White background is too bright & text/typing too dull. I already have a head ache & this makes it worse. For those of you that do leave & I'm not sure if & when I will continue to post again please stay in touch. Either find me on facebook or email me @ the lupusstories@gmail.com address. I also wanted to note that it took a day to find my first post since the change. Than what happen to our signature stamps/quotes @ the end of our post if we arranged one prior? I don't think it's posting that way anymore. Luv ya Lupies!

Staying Strong,

Ezra

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.