Skip to content
"Busy" board *** Please read***
lupylisa44 posted:
It is busy, but not in a good way! I mean there is just too much stuff on the page! Makes it very difficult to navigate.

I was wondering if we all could list our gripes, then suggest ways to fix the problem. Then we can give our suggestions to WebMD to see if they can do anything to add/delete items we don't find useful, thus streamlining the board to make it more user friendly.

Lupylisa

lupylisa44 responded:
My gripe is that there are too many places to click for discussions. First,some are listed on the middle part of the page, but not necessartily all of them. Then there is the "see all discussions" on the left side and the Discussions on the right side which lists them in two separate places as "latest" and "popular". Then there is My Discussions watchlist. On the top of each new entry there is a tab that says "discussion" with a /- signWhich takes up a ton of space and is pretty much useless! The /- should open up the entire discussion not just more of the post!

OMG! It's all too much!!!

My suggestion would be to put all of the discussions in one place, preferably in the center of the page, and put a tab that show's if it has been read or if it is new. It would definietly free up some space on the page! And it would definietly make it easier to get around!!!

Lisa

I just read my post and basically, I am saying to put it back to the way it used to be!!! LOL!

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to lupylisa44's response:
I'm gonna send these up for you Lisa, thanks for doing this and thanks for staying patient with us while we work out the kinks.

jessi19661 replied to lupylisa44's response:
Hi Lisa and Emma These are good suggestions Other than these things the boards are more like they were back in 07, before the last new boards came, so I like that part But the replies should be -'d down from original post not just x#replies.....that tells us nothing. And it goes from there to the replies and original post atbottom.......???? Not sure what y'all were thinking when ya did that??
Anyway I am adjusting.

marilynk2 replied to Emma_WebMD_Staff's response:
Emma,

My Lupus has generated ADD in me and i get totally confused with all the blinding stuff all around the page. I get totally upset when a lot of people are talking at one time and i can't concentatrate on the person I am talking to. That is how this page feels to me. Maybe a nonwhite background would help with the bright colors. But all the dirctions are like playing a gameboard. If we pick the right card, then we can go safely on our way.

Right now I am changing antidepressants due to all my damn pain and the crazy things going on and when I see this page, sometimes I can focus, but other days I can't.Maybe I am crazy! That's why I am goofylupie!
Now, you don't have the editing because enough of us crazies didn't make sue of it, BUT, you do have a tool bar. So, why not add SPELL CHECK to that? Seems simple enough for us with Brain fog. People froom other sites just don't understand us and we just can't let this fall apart!

Love ya!

Marilyn

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to marilynk2's response:
Marilyn,

I'll send your suggestions up, thanks for letting us know!

Take care,
Emma

allie_bf responded:
Add my name to the list of those who find this layout just way too "busy." My recommendation would be simply to return to the previous layout as I see no new changes worth saving. I particularly disagree with the option to post anonymously. Since we are using pseudonyms anyway, we are all afforded some privacy, but allowing the total lack of ownership or responsibility for posts could result in inappropriate or abusive comments.

Emma,
sorry for all the typos. Then i got a bad virus and had to have my new program installed when I could stay awake long enough!

Hugs,

marilyn

see ya!!

Don't worry about that Marilyn, I'm the queen of typo's . I have to re-read my posts 3 times before I let them post. It doesn't help that most of the time I am posting with a 6 week old in my arms while trying to type .

Take care of yourself, I hope the virus either is gone or goes away soon!

Emma

Emma,

Congrats on the baby! Boy, do I remember those days and now my bay is about to graduate college! i can't believe her 4 years have gone by so quickly. hold on tight as they sure do go fast.. as I am very sure you have been told many times.

With Nicole having been on the crew team and the only thing I manage to do in the spring and fall is follow her team for URI, I have been so fortunate to have meet many of her friends. It is a unique situation for her being away from home for college. it has been what has kept me from going insane for the past 3 1/2 years. I will sure miss the camadarie with these teammates and parents of the team. Otherwise, I am a hermit from my pain and symptoms. But, 2 more months left and then a world I have lived with 4 children from the oldest, who now is 29 and started this at 6, will be over with the youngest being just short of 22. How I deal with this withdrawal annd a life of a hermit, I don't know. it scares me. pray for me.

As for you, enjoy your little one. Is this your fisrt? What is the name? what is the birth date? I probably missed notices when going back and forth between boards1

Hugs to BOTH of you,

Marilyn

Ah Marilyn, no you didn't miss notices, she was born January 25th and we were gearing up for the new exchanges so I felt it better not to, I only took 2 weeks off work when she was born so it's been very crazy here working the hours I have been and dealing with a newborn. Thankfully I have a great support system with my co-workers and my family.

My daughter (her name is Elizabeth) is the youngest of 5, I thought I was done having babies 8 years ago. My older children are all boys however, my oldest just turned 16 last Thursday. It's a busy house as I am sure you can relate to, the boys are 16, 12, 10, and 8 with the baby now 7 weeks old. She's gonna be spoiled by all her brothers who love on her all the time . Thanks for the congrats, yes with my oldest hitting 16 this week, I realize just how fast they grow up!

Congrats to your daughter graduating college that's a big deal! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Take care of yourself!
Emma

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.