Skip to content
ANA testing and q's to Dr.Z. he won't answer
marilynk2 posted:
He responded to my Where are you ? and he ansered to some but told me in point blank terms that he will not anser us who posted other Q's. I, for one an disappointe after being so well received by another doc on another board that this is ludicris. I have real isues to discuss and when some can ask and others nor or whatever, the heck with it. Right now, all is not well in my world so I don't need this. I will flare anyway.

marilyn

Lupylisa44 responded:
The reasons Dr. Z cannot give online medical advice to individuals are many. Not the least of which are legal concerns. I think he is right by saying that each person should see their own doctor with specific problems.

He is here to give us tips and information that will help educate us about lupus in general not individually. And I for one am thankful that he has taken time to participate in our lupus message board!

Lupylisa

Emma_WebMD_Staff replied to Lupylisa44's response:
Lisa,

You have it exactly right, and honestly he doesn't have any members medical charts, so he doesn't have any medical history. It's really in everyone's best interest to seek their own doctors advice and if they are unhappy for them to look into a second opinion of a doctor they can take their charts to and be evaluated.

Marilyn, Dr. Zelman was not excluding you, he was just simply stating he isn't here to give 2nd opinions or to be used in place of your own doctor.

Take care,
Emma

jessi19661 responded:
Marilyn, u are a GREAT person, and this Board is "hypothetical" anyway, it is not a real thing. He did come off to me the same way, I did not think your questions were any diff than anyone else's. Anyway, some things are not worth it!! There are many "issues" with this board. Not much support anyway, you won't miss it, I am sure. Try the Lupus Foundation of America Forums, just type it in google. Much better and more accurate posters.....oh, and there is support there! Many hugs, maybe see u there.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.