Skip to content
Lupus Nausea
paridise posted:
I have been having times that I will get sick to my stomach and not know why. Two months ago I got severely nauseated to my stomach. I was so nauseated I couldn't even get to the bathroom to get sick, I had to use a garbage can while still in bed. I also had chills and a fever of 100.6. I then laid around in bed, couch for 5 days. I thought maybe I had a stomach bug. Then 2 weeks later it hit me again just not quite as bad. The nausea has been so bad that I ended up going to the Dr for medicine. Now I won't leave the house without the medicine out of fear I will be somewhere and get sick again. I have had the sick stomach again today. I was going to go to the Dr, but was to sick to go. I am going to try again tomorrow.

lihopomaikai responded:
i get 'sick' nearly everyday. it is so bad that i carry doggy bags where ever i go in case i can make it to the bathroom. I dont know why it is happening but this has been going on for a while now.

argria responded:
hi paridise i can understand where your coming from. I suffer from nausea almost everyday. People say oh its all in your head (what ever). What kind of medicine are you taking that helps? And do you suffer from heartburn or diarrhea?

Lupylisa44 responded:
Could it possibly be one of the meds you are taking that is making you so sick to your stomach?

Lupylisa

paridise replied to Lupylisa44's response:
No I am pretty sure it's not my medicine. Went to my PFC yesterday and he told me it was a symptom of lupus and that I would need to see my rheumy for it. I go back to the rheumy in another 6 weeks, I will tell him then.

paridise replied to argria's response:
I take compazine 10mg up to 2 a day. This has been the only medicine so far that helps. I also take prilosec for heartburn 2 times a day. Yes my bowels are all messed up. Sometimes I am normal, other times diarrhea. Sometimes I go to the bathroom to tinkle lol and have a bowel movement at the same time. I know this is grose to talk about, but this is what I have to deal with everyday!! Try the nausea med I'm on it really works for me. If you have any ideas about the bowel problem please let me know. I hope your having a good day.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.