Skip to content
Nail bed pain
lisaisweavebee posted:
Hey All,

Does anyone else have trouble with nail bed pain? My nail beds throb as if I got my fingers smashed. It feels as if the actual nails are ready to split open and fall off...it's been this way off and on for months. I happen to have a appt. today with my PCP for other issues and think I'll run it by him. Just curious if it was just me or if it's a common problem.

Thanks!

Lisa

paridise responded:
Just wanted to let you know that, yes sometimes my nail beds will hurt also. Sometimes even painting my finger nails will hurt the tips of my fingers and also finger joints. I have just excepted it goes along with having lupus sorry

jinajae responded:
Did you every figure out what caused that pain?! I'm feeling the exact same thing yesterday and today, plus something milder in my toes. Thanks!

lupycakes replied to jinajae's response:
No - never did get a clear answer on why I have the nail pain...I heard it might be a result of having raynauds. guess that would make sense.

Lisa - p.s. that post was from 2 years ago but I am still having the same issues! (lisaisweavebee was my old screen name)

JennyJean replied to lupycakes's response:
Hi Lupycakes!
The same thing happens to me! My Nail beds are always hurting and throbbing like crazy. I recently took off my acrylic nails for good thought it would help, not so much. But they are so tender and painful around the tips. I also have raynauds! As well as APS. So i am guessing it has to do with all that.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.