Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does anyone else have stomach issues?
sweetyc20 posted:
Has anyone heard of or have intestinal prolems related to Lupus? I have constant diarrea. I thought at first it was related to lactose so I stopped eating any dairy products, but now I seem to get sick whether it's salad or steak. Any advise?

lupylisa44 responded:
Do you have fibromyalgia as well? If so then it is possible that you may have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) which, researchers are finding goes hand in hand with fibromyalgia.

Lupylisa

paridise responded:
I have Lupus and Fibro, and yes i have intestional problems almost everyday. I have just excepted this is something I will have to live with. I hope it gets better for you.

renalupie1 responded:
I had a colonoscopy yesterday. docs feared I had diverticulitis or cancer. Doc said I am just having a severe case of IBS. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I have been in severe pain for over a month now.

Salad is like murder to me.

See your doc.

Rena

K2isKsquared replied to renalupie1's response:
(((Rena))) sorry about the IBS dx

K2

rumfar6 replied to renalupie1's response:
I'm right there with ya Rena.

Dietitian wants me to eat whole grain and raw veggies and it is just making things worse

I hope you are feeling better soon

Marie

rumfar6 responded:
I have IBS and my doc just put me on Amitiza to help with the cramps and all the fun that goes along with it

Go see a gastroantologist and get checked out

renalupie1 replied to rumfar6's response:
I swear it was eating whole grain and raw veggies that got me in this condition! LOL. I hope the Amitiza helps, let me know!

renalupie1 replied to K2isKsquared's response:
Thanks K2. You are a sweetheart.

sweetyc20 replied to lupylisa44's response:
Thanks all for your info. I am newly diagnosed and we are still trying to figure all my problems out. I started medication last summer that helped a ton but then I got pregnant and stopped taking it. Now all my symptoms are a million times worse than before. I hate to take meds but it looks like there are no other options at this point. Are swollen hands and feet a common problem too?

rumfar6 replied to sweetyc20's response:
My Gastro Strongly recommends probiotics (perferably the yougurt variety) for digestive health. I have a wonderful Rhuemy that recomends not only perscriptions but also diffrent vitamins to help me along.

I hope you get some answers soon

cherylbugg replied to renalupie1's response:
Just curiouse, what type of symptoms are you having?cause i have been have unusual bowel habbits

lupylisa44 replied to rumfar6's response:
I started "doing shots," probiotic shots that is! I love Yakult! It has really helped balance my digestive tract! it is available in the local supermarket here in Colorado.

For more info: http://www.yakultusa.com/?gclid=CL-Owfiko6QCFcHY5wodNkCV4A

Lupylisa

HG1948 replied to lupylisa44's response:
Lisa,

I'd like to try that. Are dairy products in it?

HG

lupylisa44 replied to HG1948's response:
HG,

The website says it uses skim milk powder.

Lupylisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.