Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swollen lymph node in collar bone area
Vegreen posted:
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else has had any lymph node swelling in their collar bone area? It really doesn't hurt but it is uncomfortable, sometimes slightly itchy. I have sores on my tongue and my mouth hurts. I have only been on imuran for about 3 weeks now. Any ideas or suggestions on what it maybe or what I can do? I am just wondering if it could be a type of infection?

Thanks for your help and I hope everyone is having a good night!!

Virginia

HG1948 responded:
Vegreen,

I havn't had swollen lymph glands there, but I've had them everywhere else. Have you tried putting heat on them?

HG

jessi19661 responded:
Hi Virginia. I am not sure, but I just had oral thrush and it sounds very similar. The immuran could be lowering your immunity and therefore you have bad yeast overgrowth in your body, and the good bacteria which keep it in balance are less now. I would call your doctor and ask, you may have to go in to be sure. I didnt because I went in for a sore throat and swollen lymph glands in neck, and it was acute pharyngitis, I was treated for that but my doc said it could be thrush also and told me to let him know if I thought it was. 2 days later it came back worse and was thrush. Google oral thrush. If so, your toungue will likely be very sore and nothing will help but the numbing sprays and drops, if it continues then the entire mouth and throat can get very sore, even the gums, and lymph nodes can be sore and or swollen. I have swollen gums also with it.
You will never guess, but I have it AGAIN......after only a couple 2 or 3 weeks!! But I was just put on asthma steroid inhaler and this (of course) lowers my immunity even MORE......and.....THRUSH!!!!! URGGGHH!!!! So, here I sit unable to drink any hot coffee or eat comfortably because this time my tongue is soooooo sore. Do you remember your tongue being sore in the past weeks?? Mine was before, but went away and then finally progressed to my whole mouth and throat. They gave me a liquid called Nystatin that you rinse, swish for a minute and spit, unless you have let it go too far like me--then you have to swallow it because it can go into your whole digestive system.

Probiotics help to prevent this by putting in good bacteria. Like yogurt, best for this. But you need the right treatment or it wont go away. They sometimes use diflucan, a pill, but my doc said the rinse is best for oral thrush. Oh, it is a yeast infection. (No--not that kind--lol))
;)

Vegreen responded:
I did go to the doctor, if that is what you call a PA. Anyway I need some blood work done. I explained what was going on and that I have lupus and all they said was it feels like infection in my muscle and it should show up in my blood work. My rhuemy is getting a copy of the results so hopefully he can tell me if it really is an infection and what to do about it. I am suppose to put hot packs on it.

Thanks for all of your help!! I will let you know if it is anything else.

virginia

HG1948 replied to Vegreen's response:
Vegreen,

PA means Physicians Assistant. They are not nurses or docters.
Many doctor's offices and medical clinics use PA's because, frankly nurses are in short supply and require higher saleries.

I am happy that you are under the care of a rheumatologist, because they are the medical specialty recognized as the experts in the diagnosis and treatment of lupus and arthritic conditions.

Keep us updated. We all learn from each other's experiences here. I love it!

HG

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

MUSIC VIDEOS ABOUT MADE ABOUT LUPUS
11 criteria to dx lupus: http://youtu.be/iNiXZFmHx-g Lupus pals video: http://youtu.be/nuQW8zMkKN4 Please let me know what you ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.