Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Quetions ??
micbrewski posted:
HI, I have had something happen that has never happened before. My hands got really cold and felt like they were asleep. Dr said I have raynaud's disease. Usually it is in one spot this time it was my whole hand. (Both hands) Felt pretty strange. Does this go hand and hand with Lupus? I guess that is my question? Still waitning for results. Tuesday is the day I go to see Her. I have been keeping track more closely of my symptoms. Low grade fevers 100.8 , knee pain and swelling, etc. She put me on Medrol again. Well any way thanks for reading. And thanks for the insite.
Roxann

lupylisa44 responded:
Raynaud's phenomenon is often associated with lupus as a secondary condition.

What were you doing when both of your hands became numb? Did they turn red, white or blue? I usually am affected in cold weather, when taking something out of the freezer or using cold water.

I hope you get some answers soon!

Lupylisa

micbrewski replied to lupylisa44's response:
Hi Lupylisa,
I woke up feeling cold, went on the computer for awhile and then it came on. I have had the cold feeling and white/blue color before, but not where both my hands felt numb. It usually just happens to my fingers. I do get that feeling when I am in the freezer as wellor cold water. Well thanks for your input.
Roxann

dmcam417 responded:
that was how i was originally diagnosed with lupus. i worked in hospital-cold all the time-and a doc friend saw my hands. so i am very grateful to reynaud's for the part it played in my lupus journey!

candi619 responded:
I have raynaud's syndrome my Dr. says its a symptom of lupus for some. I've never had my full hand go numb just my fingers and toes whenever I get a little cold Its pretty annoying! They will go completely white all the way down to the middle of my fingers and as they start to warm up they go red/blue looking and have a tingling sensation kind of like when something falls asleep sometimes it will be a throbbing feeling.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
89 of 119 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.